Monday, February 20, 2012

My Review of Roku 2 XD Streaming Player

Originally submitted at Roku

Features the highest-quality HD streaming available.


Wonderful little player!

By EmJay from Vancouver, WA on 2/20/2012

 

5out of 5

Pros: Compact, Built in Wi-Fi, Great value, Easy to set up, High quality picture, Easy to use

Cons: Inconsistent performance, Want more video choices

Best Uses: Bedroom, Living room

Describe Yourself: Technophile, Home entertainment enthusiast, Early adopter, Netflix fan

I love this Roku player, and I think it performs even better than the previous model, which has now been relegated to the bedroom television. We were using a Blu-Ray integrated streaming video service before, but it was choppy and didn't make the most of our high-speed internet service. Roku seems to process the stream much more efficiently.

My only criticisms are that, after several hours, it sometimes seems to get "stuck" with playback -- and I'm hoping Roku is working with some of the major cable networks on a subscription service that can be offered. I do sometimes miss my favorite shows, and having to broker HBO through a regular cable carrier seems to miss the point.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment