Thursday, August 11, 2011

Book Review!

The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Oh, Lestat. You gorgeous fiend, you Brat Prince. You're the damnedest creature. Every time I think I'm over you, all I have to do is read this book and I'm proven wrong all over again.

Anne Rice was at her writing zenith when she wrote this book. She allows her competent and poetic prose free rein, and her tale spans centuries while sacrificing nothing of meticulous research and the resulting feel of authenticity and intimacy. Do you want a dreadfully generic teen idol for a vampire? Read another, more contemporary series. Do you want the perfect fiend, the immortal who has regrets but never tires of trying to make himself more real and relevant? Then Lestat is the one for you.

When it comes to guilty pleasures, I'm glad to share with you that this one is up there, and it represents all of the dark magic that I secretly wish was real.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Make controversial posts. We all know this is what keeps readers coming back for more. Play Bazar Think about it, if you write a post that everyone agrees with, it will get boring and many people won't want to read it. satta king When you write controversial things it will keep readers coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete